We are privileged to be joined by two of the top referees in college football: John O’Neill from the Big10 and Jeff Flanagan from the ACC.
John and Jeff discuss managing the end of the half and situational awareness. They cover the many things that we need to think about and some ways to ensure that this crucial part of the game is handled successfully.
Topics covered include:
- Why this portion of the game is so important
- Best time to review this part of the game
- Keys to successfully managing the final minutes of a half
- Situational Awareness
- Identifying problematic areas in final minutes of a half
- What is Football IQ?
- Decision making fatigue
- Relevant rules in the final minutes of a half
Quote of the Week
I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better – Abraham Lincoln